Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I used Manic Panic gel hair dye and cannot get it to stop bleeding. Are there any tricks?

3 weeks ago, I dyed my hair using MP gel in Hot Hot Pink. The color is amazing. It has not even begun to fade. My problem lies in the fact that I cannot see an end to my hair bleeding. I have stanied many towels, pillows, my bathtub and sink, hats, shirts and the like. Every time I wash my hair my hands and finger nails turn bright pink, even my forhead stains from the bleeding. I am forced to wash my hair with gloves in the shower. I have washed my hair with Palmolive dish soap 30 + times, and when I rinse, the suds resemble the color of Benadryl. I use several styling products, that should fade the color dramaticaIy. I followed the directions on the package, left the hair dye on for 15 minutes, did not use heat or vinegar to aid in processing. I have never used a hair dye that has made my hair bleed so much, however this is my first time using MP gel. I do not wish for the color to fade, but is there anything I can do to slow down, speed up, or stop the bleeding process?



I used Manic Panic gel hair dye and cannot get it to stop bleeding. Are there any tricks?

Washing your hair with dishwahsing liquid is gonna make it fade....also the use of hair styling products especially gel, mousse and hairspray...this is also a SEMI-PERMANENT HAIRCOLOR...so everytime ou wahs your hair you will see a lil of the color coming out anyways...actually permanent hair colors do that do.



I'm personally not a fan of Manic Panic hair color since the color aren't consistent and tend to fade too easily.



If you want it to not bleed so much, limit hair styling products and try not to wash your hair with dishwahsing liquid. Use shampoo and lukewarm water. rinse and a apply a lil conditioner then rinse with cold water. This will close the hair shaft and help hold the color better. Also never sleep on wet hair. If you sweat in your sleep you may wanna try wrapping your hair in a scarf or old t-shirt.



I suggest you get a better brand of hair dye such as Special Effects or Jerome Russel Punky Color and be sure to use the heat process and then rinse with cold water(do not shampoo)...this will ensure better longer lasting color.



I used Manic Panic gel hair dye and cannot get it to stop bleeding. Are there any tricks?

Manic Panic isn't permanent, and color that isn't permanent, usually bleeds. Even permament bleeds for about 2 days, unless you stand in the shower for 3 hours trying to rinse every bit out.Try shampooing as little as possible, and just rinse your hair with water in the shower. Manic Panic usually lasts 6-8 weeks, so everytime you shampoo, it takes a little more of the color out. Using heat won't harm your hair, in fact, it makes the color stay in longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment