Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How long can you use a) contact lens or b) hair gel before they EXPIRE?

I have had contact lens for almost a year. I have an one-day-use disposable contact lens in an unopened package. I also have several unopened packages of contact lens that can be used for a week (I think, not sure). Is it safe to use them now, if I've had them since mid-2005?



I also have hair gel in an opened bottle. I use it rarely but when I do, I'm not sure if it's harmful to me or anything, because the gel seems the same as before. I've had this bottle for about 3-4 years now.



Simplified, is it still SAFE to use these products after sitting for so long?



Thanks.



How long can you use a) contact lens or b) hair gel before they EXPIRE?

As far as the contacts go, there should be an expiration date printed on the package. Most will keep unopened in their original packaging for a good 3-4 years. Just make sure that once you open it that you clean and replace it according to your doctor's instructions.



I'm not sure about the hair gel, but I think that as long as it still has the proper consistency, it shouldn't be harmful.

No comments:

Post a Comment